Colorado Concealed Carry Permit Training
The Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Class Level I is a four hour comprehensive class on handgun safety, handgun actions, ammunition, and Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Laws. The class is designed for all levels of shooters for their concealed carry permit training. Our class includes discussion on the laws for concealed carry and the use of deadly force. This class stresses the responsibilities of the concealed carry permit holder, safe pistol techniques, and different methods of carrying. Completion of this class will give the student a completion certificate necessary when applying for a Colorado Concealed Carry Permit. You will know the safe handling, loading, and unloading of revolvers and semi-automatic pistols before class is finished. Unlike the Big Box Stores and Hotel classes, you will handle real guns in this class.
You do not need to buy a gun for class, you will be taught how to pick a gun. Colorado Law does not require live-fire shooting for a permit, but we think it is important. This class also includes one hour of live fire training with an Instructor that is a Double Distinguished Expert in Semi-Auto Pistol and Defensive Pistol 1 with the NRA at no additional charge, many times scheduled on a different day. Many people like to practice the skills they have learned in class, or purchase a handgun before the live fire session. This is a fun way to learn an important skill, the format and content of this class make it like no other offered in this area.
Don’t be fooled by classes that do not give you the information you need or let you have real guns in class. Keep yourself and your family safe and out of trouble by attending our class. This class provides information that other instructors are not teaching. Rick Sindeband has a substantial background in firearms and has hundreds of hours of training in many areas. Don’t risk your freedom or your life on inferior training.
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Class Level I
is a fun class and everyone from the beginner to the advanced shooter will enjoy the format of this class.
See what students say about our class
Sign up for class and let us know when you want to take it. Our schedule is flexible.
Level I Class meets all the requirements for a Concealed Handgun Permit in Colorado.
Our class teaches you the easy way to apply for your permit.
Instructions for The Colorado Handgun Permit
1. Take a training course in firearms. Our course qualifies you for this permit. C.R.S. § 18-12-202 states that online courses do not qualify.
2. Fill out the application form from your county sheriff’s department but do not sign it. You can download it and an information packet at Pueblo County Sheriff Website Take it back to the county sheriff’s department when you go for your appointment and sign it before the sheriff.
3. Submit the fees. The permit fee is determined by statute the sheriff and the CBI have maximums they can charge. It includes a background check, fingerprints, and photograph. In Pueblo County, the cost is ($152.50) for the first five years. Renewals are ($63)
4. Provide your training certificate, which you will receive from us the day of class. The sheriff’s department will take your photograph and fingerprints when you submit your application.
5. Show a valid Colorado driver’s license or military ID. You will also need to pass a criminal background check. Your permit will be good for five years. A renewal fee is charged after that period.
6. Receive a temporary emergency permit if your life is in immediate danger. An emergency permit is good for 90 days. Applicants are responsible for the permit fee and the fingerprint fee.
Look at all the Happy People that took my class